16 June

To the Line Cutters.....

 Most every single Disney memory that I have is a fun one. Even with standing in long lines, working our way through crowds, it still usually works out to the good. There was one time where it wasn't fun and didn't end well. Na'vi River Journey. It was something that I was really looking forward to. As I wanted to walk off the ride and see everything glowing, we saved it for later in the day. The line was still long. We knew it would be a long wait so we pulled out the phone to Play Disney for a while. We were constantly interrupted, sometimes by groups of people, by line cutters. There were literally people walking through the woods, climbing over rocks, and weaving their way through the queue to get further ahead. We gave up playing and were just standing in line, when another line breaker came through. Someone a few people back commented to the guy about breaking. The guy turned around to respond and came barreling into my back. I stumbled but didn't fall. I didn't say anything to the guy but he proceeded to turn and yell at me as he was making his way further up the line. I'm still confused by his anger towards me. He wasn't paying attention. He ran into me. So strange for him to yell at me. I finally decided that maybe he was embarrassed. Maybe? I still don't know. There's a lot of talk about line breakers lately. Supposedly, Disney is cracking down on the line breakers. I do know that after this incident, they did start making announcements that you had to keep your party together. I have heard Cast Members mention the same when entering lines. I've seen signs with the message as well. I don't know that there is anyway to prevent line breaking but please don't contribute. The wait times are clearly marked on all of the rides. If it is a long line, go to the bathroom first. Wait for your entire party to be present before you get in line. Don't let your lack of preparation intrude on someone else's experience. These are quite simple things that don't really impact your day but your line breaking could put quite a wrinkle in someone else's day. Some families get a once in a life time visit to Disney Parks. It is pretty simple, common courtesy to NOT break in line. It is one of the things we teach toddlers. I think you can handle it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spider-Man Inspired Outfit for Universal+Disney Park Days

 Spider-Man Inspired Outfit for Universal + Disney Park Days in next in line..... Love this simple and cute Spider-Man OOTD.... What'...